Cooling fan control thermostat for AEG oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our AEG oven keeps turning itself off after about 20 mins, whether it is the oven or the grill which is on. We changed the element (following someone's suggestion on here when I posted about the problem a while ago), but that has not made any difference to the problem. I have read on here it might be the Cooling fan control thermostat. Is it straightforward to change this, and what sort of price would a replacement be?

The oven is about 11 years old, so if it is expensive or difficult to fix it, we would get a new one. But would rather repair the one we have if possible.
Thanks for all comments.

Sponsored Links
It does sound like a thermostat issue, the oven thermostats are quite easy to replace, providing you don't bend the capillary tube.

I doubt if its the oven t/stat, its probably the sensor in the control panel, if you say it happens when oven or grill is used.
Its usually a thermal cut out within the control panel. I would never have gone for an element problem first.
If you locate the thermal cut out, try shorting it out if all is well then that needs to be changed.
The thermal cut out is usually to protect the timer.

Thanks for your comments. How do I locate the thermal cut-out? And how do I short it? Is this something an unexperienced person can do?!
Final question - is it an expensive thing to replace?

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Model number is B3101-4-M

Thanks for any suggestions about how to fit the thermal cut-out or what part it is I need.

I have just been on the AEG spares website and have found their Thermal cut out which fits my oven. Is this what I need to buy? (Both oven and grill cut out when it all gets hot after about 15 mins or so).

Hi

I have the same problem and have got the part 387 20 79-02/9. Not sure about how to install it...have taken the oven out and the back off. The thermal cut-out has 4 wires - 2 blue and 2 white. There are crocodile clips at one end and at the other, they are gathered into a plastic sheath labelled ZN LIMITOR. This sheath is secured with a collar.

It's a mystery! I dont know whether I should take off the collar; also I cannot see where this cut-out should be installed amongst the wires at the back - there is no obvious cut-out there already.

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Laurence

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back