copper cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to buy a copper cylinder for my farm house
I am going for an indirect cylinder 1200x450 but just as i had found the best price i noticed some of the cylinders had s r (secondary return ) written in the description can anyone tell me what the difference is please and which one do i need for a conventional heating system. ie oil boiler heating water in cylinder and radiators

Sponsored Links
secondary return is a return pipe comming back from hot outlets via a pump, if outlets are a long way from cylinder it will give hot water more quickley at tap, the only difference in the cylinder is that it will have another connection about two thirds down

thanks that has answered my question really well.
I should not need a S R tank because the cylinder will be in the bathroom and it is above the kitchen so should not need to be pumped

thanks again

Sponsored Links
Get a stainless steel one, should last longer and is now generally the same price or cheaper than copper as well. Gledhill Envirofoam Stainless are what we use, 10-year warranty and our local City Plumbing stock them, yours might too...

Beware cheap copper cylinders, they may seem like an attractive option but tend to be low-grade with thin walls that won't last as long, and in any case even the really cheap ones aren't all that much cheaper than a stainless one, and you won't get a 10-year warranty with them either.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back