Copper Tube Insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. I was referred here by a mate who reckons it's a good source of info.

I am going to be replacing some of my copper water and central heating pipework in my bungalow loft soon as I've just moved in and none of the pipe is insulated or fixed and some of it has horribly bodged connections on it.

I've bought some armaflex 25mm insulation for the pipes but I wondered how you pro's fit the pipes once the insulation is on as the normal hinged or push-fit clips don't allow 25mm clearance for the pipe insulation.

I was going to buy some talon clips because they do spacers for them but after seeing the specs for these, they only give another 13mm extra and my insulation is 25mm.

If anybody could give me some pointers I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

A.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that. as usual, I didn't see that they could be stacked ! Problem solved then.

Much appreciated.

Use Munson rings with male backplates , if the insulation requires more clearance then use female backplates and studding (threaded rod).

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hello. I was referred here by a mate who reckons it's a good source of info.

I am going to be replacing some of my copper water and central heating pipework in my bungalow loft soon as I've just moved in and none of the pipe is insulated or fixed and some of it has horribly bodged connections on it.

I've bought some armaflex 25mm insulation for the pipes but I wondered how you pro's fit the pipes once the insulation is on as the normal hinged or push-fit clips don't allow 25mm clearance for the pipe insulation.

I was going to buy some talon clips because they do spacers for them but after seeing the specs for these, they only give another 13mm extra and my insulation is 25mm.

If anybody could give me some pointers I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

A.

Eh, use two spacers??!! Is it just me?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back