copy music to usb jump drive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How? I've googled it and it says to copy or drag the file to the jump drive and away you go! but all I get is the short cut. I go to my computer,right click my audio CD, ''Open'' right click on the track I want to copy or drag it to my removable disk (jump drive) and I just keep getting the short cut!! I've tried to burn to it but just get the option to burn to CD, I'm sure its a very simple thing thats right under my nose, but I'm so thick and getting thicker with old age, so need help from you young pooter stylie dudes!! ;)

Sponsored Links
Hi Richard

Can you copy the tracks to your Hard Drive? If so can you copy from HDD to your USB memory stick.

You could also try holding Ctrl while dragging and dropping.

It wont let you burn to the usb, because that is a copy device not burn.
I drag & drop music files without problem.
Just try right click, copy, then paste it

If you use the Right click and drag method when you release the button you should get an option box with Copy here, Move Here, Create shortcut Here and Cancel.

Are you able to copy using this method from folder to folder and do you get the options above?

BTW. Probably obvious but it is important to hold the right mouse button while dragging your files to a new location then release to get the options menu.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Guys, for your help and suggestions, I managed in the end by down loading to my harddrive first, all working great now!! thanks again.

Back