copying 8mm tapes to DVD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I thought this might be simple. I attached the cord with a yellow and a white connection from the camera to the DVD recorder but got a message that the camera was not connected. It was but I don't know why the message. Any ideas anyone please?

Sponsored Links
Select the correct AV input on the recorder.

Make sure the wires going to the DVD recorder are plugged in to the input sockets, not the output ones.

Select the correct AV input on the recorder.

Make sure the wires going to the DVD recorder are plugged in to the input sockets, not the output ones.

Thank you for your help Chris. It was in the input sockets. I have had a fiddle around and put the DVDR on to Line 2, saw the tape on the TV, pressed 'record' on the DVDR and it recorded onto the hard drive. Problem is it had recorded faster than it should. It may be that the 8mm tape was filmed on an old Sanyo analogue camcorder which no longer works and I was recording the tape from a digital camera. I bought a similar but slightly later Sanyo model on Amazon but that does not have the cable with the yellow and white links each end. I've googled but haven't found the suitable cable yet. Perhaps there is a setting on the DVDR about speed. I'll keep trying.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back