copying vhs to dvd

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the best / cheapest way to do this only have 5 tapes to go on to disc . Also how many 3 hr tapes can i get on a dvd disc thanks

Sponsored Links
I hve one of these.

http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=...esult_group&ct=title&resnum=3&ved=0CEgQrQQwAg

quality is pretty good (dependant ofn VHS quality of course) and the supplied software is set and forget, tick the burn to disc, set it to capture, and come back in 6 hrs when its done...

are these personal recordings? if not, can I reccomend having a good google/ebay search to see if they are avaliable to buy on DVD, even second hand?

creating a DVD form a VHS is not quick, for an average 2 hr VHS its around 4 hrs depending on the speed of your PC (2 hrs record in, about an hr 1/2 to render, 1/2 hr to burn)

Sponsored Links
As the previous poster said it is slow as hell. I would also say that if you do not have the right PC with a fast enough processor you may have problems capturing the recording either in it's entirety or without dropouts.

Found a company on Google who will transfer for between £6 and £7 each and if you have to start buying stuff like software or hardware to do the transfer with such a small quantity then paying someone else may possibly be the cheapest and best option.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back