CORGI assessment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I havent got a technical question as such,actually I'm just about to take my CORGI pre registration assessment tomorrow and am wondering what this will consist of.The woman on the phone just said the guy would ask a few questions.Do you guys have any idea roughly how long this will take whether it be 15 minutes or shud I set aside a good few hours.Also I was wondering how long roughly after the test you actually become registered i.e have a number(assuming I pass of course!!)Also is there a written questionairre or does the guy simply just ask you the questions? any info would be useful thanks.

Sponsored Links
I would allow a good 2 or 3 hours for this. Mine was just verbal questions. Once passed they allowed you 6 months registration before being checked again. Bear in mind this was a few years ago now so procedures my have changed slightly, but I still always allow 1/2 day for annual check ;)

must you get every question correct or do you get a bit of leeway?and if you fail do you just need to pay the 500 odd quid again for another assessment?

£ 500.00 for a dogs assessment. That's news to me!

Sponsored Links
You need to show that you have a good understanding of gas safety.

There are no exact rules.

You should have your test equipment with you and your reference books so that you can show that you are serious.

I would say that you should be more knowledegable than when you took the ACS and you cannot pass over the question when he is looking you straight in the eyes.

One CORGI Inspector gave me a TWO hour grilling on ONLY gas fires which I rarely get involved with. Nevertheless I think I did fairly well and when he had finished I asked if I had passed and he answered that "its not a question of passing or failing". He seemed satisfied though.

Tony

Had my corgi assessment a few months ago-was more like an informal chat than anything else-knew most the questions right off but ones i wasn't sure about,i just looked in the corgi book and answered them,the corgi bloke who did my assessment was great.

Just had mine. Corgi bloke was sound, anything I wasn`t completely correct on he helped me out, pretty keen on ventilation, checked on my installation & asked me to gas rate the boiler & stuff but as long as you are safe & appear competent, they are usually o.k. Mine took less than 2 hours.

Had mine recently, What you have to realise is that these guys aren't monsters. All they wany to know is if you know the basics properly and that your safe.

You may have to talk through a tightness test, do a gas rate and talk about the procedure for purging. ventilation for open flued appliances Basically all the stuff in your CCN1.

And its ok to refer to your books, but only if you can find the information straight away.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back