Corner shower tray - need to fit "fashia" to cover

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have installed a semi circle show tray (ceramic) and it had to be lifted to accomodate the waste. We now need to attach something to the bottom of the tray to cover the gap left to the floor. Have tried an external fashia with no nails (and super glue!) but will not fix. Has anyone got any ideas on what else we can use or a fix around what we have already got. Cheers :(

Sponsored Links
Can you screw a piece of wood in section to the floor and under the tray then use screw/cup on the fascia to the wood. I use a white plastic cup + screw for my shower base

I second that, I usually support these trays on 4x2 timber braces then fit UPVC flat board around them, the curve does put the board under stress so it needs a screw in each end with a white screw cap just as masona says.

After doing this for years this is bay far the best way of finishing trays I've come across.

Forgot to add, depending on the thickness of the upvc, it will bend easy by cutting saw-cuts carefully in a angle at the back.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks to your replies and advice, will be trying this at the weekend.
Cheers again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back