correct heating for open plan living room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my open plan living room just doesnt seem to get warm enough and i reackon its down to the radiator but i,ll just run the room sizes first and see what you think. the room is north facing 17ft x 13ft and 7.5ft high,it has a double glazed 8ft x 4.5ft window at front and dividing french doors.stairs run along side wall leading to landing which has a 4ft x 4ft dg window.theres 1 radiator positioned under the 8ft window which measures 2000 x 600 its a double but without any fins in the middle just a small gap of around 20mm. the radiator does get hot but the room seems cold would a double k2 (double convector) be more suitable or would i just be wasteing my money.any other advice would be much appreciated, just thaught i,d add all my heating is run off a gravity fed ideal classic boiler if that makes any difference

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back