Correct way to close this cavity

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

How would I go about closing this cavity in a thermally efficient way? (The window is temporary). I've looked at cavity closers and various window details, but usually the block work is level between the inside and outside. The builders left it like the (before they went bust). I guess they decided the window ledge was going to be too high in relation to the floor, so they hacked the block work down a couple of inches. That's great but now there is nothing for a cavity closer to rest on....

Thanks for any advice,

Henry

Sponsored Links
Would the cill be too high if you added a row of bricks?

I just measured it and a course of bricks would put the sill at exactly 1000mm from finished floor level, it's a utility room so this seems ideal. It seems crazy but the sill was at the perfect height before they cut the top of the blocks off. I can't imagine what they were thinking when they did this!

I'm going to have to cut it down about 10mm more to get enough space for the mortar joint.

Thanks for that, simple solution hopefully.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back