Corsa 1.0 Peaky Power!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 2000 Vauxhall Corsa 1.0 12V Club on the B shape. I have just had the timing chain and tensioners etc replced because i was told that was the cause of a rattling noise. I also have a noise that i beleive is pinking, which has been happening for about a year probably now. I does it more when the engine is cold and only when pushed hard but NOT ON HIGH REVS, only between 2500 - 4500rpm ish, sometimes if i put my foot not quite right down, it'l do it, then if i put it to the floor it;l stop.
Also, when i do that, there seems to be like a pause before i get the power if you know what i mean, like a dead spot.
Another problem is, only when the engine is cold too, if i'm in say 2nd gear about 3000rpm, and speed up foot to floor, it'l pick up a bit sluggishly, then all of a sudden usually quite high rpm it will go like a turbo has kicked in, about 5500-6000rpm. I don't know if all these problems are connected but i'm going to a garage to check it on computer tomorrow, and then if that doesn't show anything, i mught put it on a dyno, to get the figures max hp @? for example, then see if anything IS wrong with it, peaky hp etc.
Any help much appreciated.
I'm new, so if you need any other info, please ask!
Thanks ;)

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the timing is out or the coil/leads/plugs are breaking down under load

That's what my local machanic said but the best way is to put it on the Tech 2 computer. Wonder what other faults i might find too!

I took it and it returned no faults. The guy said it could be the exaust manifold rattling but i don't think so, he also said it's blowing a bit from near the cat, but it has been 'pinking' for ages.
No nearer. :cry:

Sponsored Links
Fault code reader wont tell you if the coil or leads are breaking down. It's a case of changing them and crossing your fingers.

Leads will be between £20 & £30 and coil will be about the same i should think

Back