2004 1.0 corsa sound like slipping clutch but isnt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everbods peeps can anybody help me pls ive just bought a 2004 1.0 corsa when im driving if you put your foot down it sounds like the clutch is slippin for a second or to it sound like your in an automatic an hit kick down but if you put handbrake on choose any gear it puuls the arse end down an drags the car you can go up hill in 5th gear so the clutch isnt slipping can any1 help!!!!!

Sponsored Links
I still think its the early signs of clutch slip.....does the rev counter creep up fractionally at the time?
A 1 litre car isn't exactly loaded with torque, so clutch slip up hills isn't a full sign just yet.
John :)

yeah mate revs go up about 1000 -1500 revs but it doesnt lose any speed. it does it on the flat and down hill aswel theres no clutch slip what so ever i think ill have to take gearbox off to investigate just thought its worth asking b4 i start incase any1 had same problem

I don't know how the clutch cable is adjusted on these, but either way there should be a bit of pedal slack when the pedal is pressed - what I mean is, the clutch mustn't start disengaging the moment you touch the pedal.

Sponsored Links
thanks for reply mate the biting point is about half way maybe a touch b4 so its not at the end ,like you said b4 i cant see any other way the engine could rev so much higher without increase in speed which make me think its the clutch aswel you would of thought it would be easy to make it slip but i cant :confused:

That biting point sounds absolutely correct....the clutch will be a very small diameter friction plate wise - and I reckon there's not much material left on it.

thank mate :D looks like gearbox off tomorrow then have you done a clutch on 1 of these ive noticed people posting different ways either dropping subframe and dropping it out from under wheel arch and other posts are saying use a engine hoist remove engine mountings and move the engine right over to drivers side and you should have enought room to manipulate it out ,

Just a thought, it may have a small oil leak somewhere and getting onto the clutch plates, is the problem constantly happening or just first drive of the day?

iv e been out for a drive today up a few hills when i got back i lifted the bonnet and could smell burnt clutch so ive ordered clutch its got to be that just baffled me when i cant make it slip with handbrake on or trying to spin wheels :confused: thanks for help everybody :D

Sponsored Links
Back