Corsa Automatic 1.4 - Uneven tick-over with Yellow Warning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
R Reg. Corsa - been well serviced but just started to sound very groggy - like missing when on tick over. Yellow warning light comes on a few seconds after start up. It seems to be ok with power if you drive it hard but the yellow warning light stays on and engine almost stutters when slowed down to tick over. Ideas of things to test or try would be very welcome.

Sponsored Links
The corsa's have problems with the idle valve, bolted on the side of the injection unit, easy to change but used to be about £80 from the dealers

Many thanks to andyandy2 for the suggestion that sounds just the right thing to change. But how do I get to the part without taking out all the wrong things? The engine is the DOHC so my first guess is to remove the battery to reveal the part that needs replacing. Advice on this would be great and appreciated. I have a Haynes book but not much help for this problem - probably too simple!

Sponsored Links
Doesnt sound right to me, idle air control would give you revving problems, and not always bring on the yellow managment light.

Corsa also have core pack problems.

Is your version the single core pack plugging into all plugs at same time??? if so undo it turn it upside down plug in all 4 spark plugs into the pack , so no plugs in engine . DONT WORRY , get a piece of wire and connect all for plug bodys only togather making good connection and take same wire to anywhere on metal part of engine.

then crank engine and ensure all four plugs spark.

If they are single core pack unplug while engine running each plug one at a time to see which plug doesnt make a difference, thats the dodgy one then

then i would look also at crank shaft sensor or cam sonsor

of course our previous reply could be right , but this test cost no money striaght away.

Back