Cost of a double garage ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Please could some one give me a ball park figure for building a double garage , to include -

2 and half width x 1 and half long
Digging and setting foundations.
Brick up to 1 metre and then rendered up to top of walls
Pitched tiled roof
Two up and over doors

I know materials could vary a lot in cost but just need a very rough cost guide so I can see if I am any where close to being able to afford it.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Agreed. I didn't keep detailed costs, just estimate. All work DIY. Already had most tools, access, etc.
Just completed 8m X 5m detached garage. Architect, BC, PP & Soakaway was part of other work but included in cost. Includes cost of digger, dumper, skip hire (X2). (weekend hire) Top soil retained on site.
Trench fill foundation due to ground conditions (slope & wetness) & convenience (Stepped the bottom profile only). Insulated 100mm under floor slab. Hired concrete pump both times. (distance from road & didn't want concete wagon on drive)
Insulated over rafters, (Actis TriIso Super 10). VPU with counter battens. Concrete tiles.
Single skin blockwork. Raised tie trusses. Linear drain along bottom of ramp.
Fob operated electric roller door(4.5 meters approx). Laid water pipe & Cat 5 cables while trench was open for electric cable.
Additional D/G side pedestrian door with side window.Rendered outside. Inside sealed & painted floor & painted block walls.

Sponsored Links
ball park figures are just that,so many different aspects could change the price so much.bricks alone vary from £2/300 -£8/900 per 1000.type of tiles etc etc

Don't wanna hijack a thread but:

Walls can be upgraded at a later date. Whereas floors & 'over-rafter' insulation is a tad difficult to upgrade later.

not sure why you would build something to upgrade later myself.

Not saying I would. It's a detached garage, therefore no chance of it ever being converted to a habitable room.... but workshop/ home office...perhaps in the future...not necessarily by me.
Similarly raised tie trusses...not for my benefit... but the additional cost at the time of construction was minimal for future potential benefit.

Why not future proof, where obvious, especially at such minimal extra cost?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back