1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

cost of cavity wall insulation

Discussion in 'Building' started by moguk, 14 Sep 2021.

1. moguk

moguk

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I was seeking quotes for cavity wall insulation for a detached house which is rectangular in shape with 4 2 storey walls of 6m x 7.5m in length.

On searching in Google, according to a couple of sites such a MyBuilder and Moneysavingexpert, the average cost should be approx £200 - £230 per wall (ie £1000 for our house) using EPS bead insulation.
    When we had a survey done by one of the companies registered with MyBuilder, he quoted £3000.

Who is right and who is wrong with their idea of cost???

2. JohnD

JohnD

Thanks Received:
    Cook Islands
    The ones who don't advertise on an internet advertising website.

have a look on your local county or borough websites to see if they have a scheme.

The large energy providers sometimes have subsidised schemes, and are trustworthy.

Avoid anyone who advertises "grants for energy saving insulation" and is not a .gov.uk site. It is pretty certain to be a scammer hoping to harvest your name, address, telephone number and email address that he can sell to cold-calling contractors.

Do not look at
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5787628/warning-rated-people-and-mybuilder
    or
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-42783279

Last edited: 14 Sep 2021
  3. Sponsored Links
  4. wgt52

wgt52

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Cost wise - registration fess, paperwork, installation insurance.

5. IT Minion

IT Minion

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I got mine done with the Green Home Deal, for a larger house at £1,300 total. It was blown fibre not beads which might be a factor.

6. Sponsored Links