Cost of replacing 3 port valve in airing cupboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, looking for some general advice on whether a quote we have been given is excessive.

I live near Brighton and had a problem with the hot water and central heating. The conclusion from someone that has come to look at it is the 3 port motorised valve which is in the airing cupboard needs replacing and wants to charge £496.

Although searching the internet this amount is more than it should be for a standard replacement the problem is the valve is down the side of the tank and difficult to get to so they have said they will redo the pipework to make it more accessible.

They have said 3 hours drain, changing the pipework, replace valve, chemical replenishment for the £496. Any comments would be helpful

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hi, looking for some general advice on whether a quote we have been given is excessive.

I live near Brighton and had a problem with the hot water and central heating. The conclusion from someone that has come to look at it is the 3 port motorised valve which is in the airing cupboard needs replacing and wants to charge £496.

Although searching the internet this amount is more than it should be for a standard replacement the problem is the valve is down the side of the tank and difficult to get to so they have said they will redo the pipework to make it more accessible.

They have said 3 hours drain, changing the pipework, replace valve, chemical replenishment for the £496. Any comments would be helpful
Usually just the head needs replacing..15mins job...£130-£180 depending on valve type

Sponsored Links
DP, the guy quoted the customer because he had eyes on site.

But on the other hand you haven't.

What he quoted sounds the right price.

Andy

Great thanks for the replies and the concensus that the quote is fine, just wanted to make sure as I could not get any more quotes as everyone else I called was too busy to even come and have a look. Shall leave the booking with the guys that quoted. Thanks again

Yeah it's a fair price considering he draining the system (at least partially) and re-routing pipework aswell as replacing the valve. 3 port valve is around £115 for the Honeywell one

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back