Could I enlarge this window?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. This house is an extended ex-LA property, and the original downstairs of the house is a single large room (was once two separate ones, I suppose) which used to lead straight into the garden from the back. This outside door is now an inside door that leads into the single-storey extension at the back. As such, any rear windows that once existed in that back wall are no longer present. On a side wall there is this tiny window which gives the only natural light into this end of the room:

OmiaiJH.jpg

(door visible is to a cupboard)

From the outside:

o2F8XO9.jpg

The room at that far end is very dark and dim - not much light gets to it from the main windows at the far end, at the front of the house.

What do I need to know when considering enlarging the window vertically? Any rough idea of cost for things I couldn't reasonably do myself?

Vague questions for now, just thinking about it.

Sponsored Links
the window wouldnt cost much itself supply only, but if it needs a lintel and brickwork sorting ????

Stihl saw straight down those perps!

Dont think you need to touch the lintels.

Simple enough job.

Sponsored Links
They'll be a cast in situ one on the inner skin probably and if there's a bit of a cavity then you could just use a single skin catnic on the out side

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back