Councils

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:LOL: grimsby Council came up with a nice little earner

Fining grieving family's £200 a go for funerals that ran over time at the local crematorium

In one case it was 14 seconds

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Cambridgeshire Council handed the tenancy of a farm to its own deputy leader at a reduced rent ;)

And then lent him £183000 so he could extend it :LOL: so as to open a dog spa

Bristol Council announced its intent to ban privately owned diesel vehicles ftom the city centre

Shortly before spending millions on a new fleet of diesel vans / commercials :LOL:

Bristol Council announced its intent to ban privately owned diesel vehicles ftom the city centre

Shortly before spending millions on a new fleet of diesel vans / commercials :LOL:
I bet they got a good deal on them. ;)

Sponsored Links
Leeds Council chief exec got a nice little earner on top of his £182,000 salary

He trousered £28, 000 for acting as the returning officer in the General election

Which was on top of the £147,000 he trousered for the General election in 2015

The brexit ref
EU elections
And the Plod and crime commissioner election

It seems all councils are parasites, extracting as much money as they can to spend on them selves or their mad hatter schemes, also nosy and intrusive into your life, if you let them, just don't get me going on this one they are one of my pet hates

It seems all councils are parasites, extracting as much money as they can to spend on them selves or their mad hatter schemes, also nosy and intrusive into your life, if you let them, just don't get me going on this one they are one of my pet hates

at Christmas my local parish council had a Christmas tree delivered to the green. The following day 2 men in a council van turned up to put a metpost in the ground and put up the tree.

A day later an electrician arrived and tapped into power on a telegraph pole and fitted an external socket for lights.

then the following day a council van turned up, the guy banged in a post, then mounted a piece of varnished plywood to it. Then he fitted a printed sign 'this tree was supplied by Worth parish council'.

I hate to think what the total cost of the job was.
it probably took 6 weeks of committee meeting to agree the location :ROFLMAO:

I hate to think what the total cost of the job was.
Why not ask, they have a duty to spend the money wisely, so they should let you know.
To be honest I'm glad the council put up trees and whatnot, it wouldn't take much for someone to get over excited about health and safety or offending people to take the fun out of it all.
A bit of fun and interest is always nice especially in the winter!

Sponsored Links
Back