Couple of plastering questions please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I have a couple of small repairs to carry out in the next month or so, but they are all slightly different to each other and I dont want to end up with 7 different half used bags of plaster when I only needed one or 2 for the whole lot :D

I have easifill for repairing the dinks in the existing so thats first bit sorted.

I have removed a stud wall and at one end where it meets the block wall there is now a strip floor to ceiling on the block about 100mm wide. It is plastered either side with a white looking plaster about 15mm thick. How should I tackle that? Bonding plaster onto block then finishing plaster to finish off?

Also the other end it now an external corner where block meets dot and dab plasterboard. Im thinking bonding plaster to build it up and secure a bead then finishing off with finishing plaster.

I have read about PVA should that be applied to concrete block or is it dot required.

Hope you can help and thanks in advance.

Rob

Sponsored Links
Hello all,
I have removed a stud wall and at one end where it meets the block wall there is now a strip floor to ceiling on the block about 100mm wide. It is plastered either side with a white looking plaster about 15mm thick. How should I tackle that? Bonding plaster onto block then finishing plaster to finish off.
Rob

Sounds like This.

Also the other end it now an external corner where block meets dot and dab plasterboard. Im thinking bonding plaster to build it up and secure a bead then finishing off with finishing plaster.

Sounds fine.

I have read about PVA should that be applied to concrete block or is it dot required.

No need for pva just dampen the block down.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back