Couple's McDonald's wedding reception

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A bride and groom have celebrated their wedding with a happy meal at their local McDonalds.
Judy Foulkes and Andrew Smith from Gwernaffield near Mold, decided to shun the traditional bridal fayre in favour of some fast food.

_38180914_weddingmain300.jpg

The pair had both been married before and said they wanted something different.
"Some people thought I was daft but I just wanted a cheap and cheerful reception," said 27-year-old Ms Foulkes.
"It was brilliant to see everyone tucking into Big Mac and fries while dressed in their wedding outfits."
Instead of splashing out thousands of pounds the couple paid £136.87 for the spread for 33 guests.

Customers at the Northop branch of McDonalds saw the new bride join the back of the queue with her guests orders.

_38180919_wedding150.jpg

The couple wanted a different reception

The newly wed added: "Our guests were a bit surprised but everyone said it was the most memorable wedding they had ever been to.
"It was brilliant because there was no arguing over menus or who sits next to who."
The venue was booked several weeks in advance.

Restaurant Manager Stewart Williams said it was a strange request: "We were taken aback at first but we decorated the restaurant with some pink and white balloons."

Great Occasion
"I've worked for McDonalds for ten years and never heard of a wedding reception at one of our outlets," he said.
The couple had got married at Hawarden Register Office and an evening reception was held at a local pub in Gwernaffield near Mold.
"We had a great day," said groom Andrew Smith.
"It was Judy's idea to have the reception in McDonalds and it went down a treat."

McDonalds%20I'm%20lovin%20it%20logo.jpg

Sponsored Links
Wonder if they had a disco using the ceiling speakers?
Did the bride have a Big Mac and a portion of fries to take away? ;)

Sponsored Links

Oh I don't know, bit different maybe. Each to their own, I wish 'em the best of luck, oh damn I'm starving now, and if I have a weakness in life, it's Big Mac's I hate myself for it, but I love 'em!

Actually the best one was the mega mac, so,so wrong.

did jeremy kyle do the speechs?

Well, it's a bit chav'ish, but there not doing anyone any harm. I've got to stop looking at this thread, I really am very hungry now. I don't remember Mega Mac's being that big, but they certainly were pretty big.

John M said:
Mega macs were brill .......... Not seen em fer donkeys tho icon_confused.gif

not surprised, the calorific content of them was astronomical :eek:

Calories ...... Umm yeah ....... But on paper you don't have to eat again for three months :eek:

Mc Donalds unhealthy? never they've got sesame seeds on the buns havn't they? ;)

Sponsored Links
Back