Crack in wall

J

Johnmelad502

I want to fit metal gates in my driveway, but as you can see in the lower picture, I have a crack in the right hand wall.

Not sure what has/is causing this, but I would like to do something to stop it getting any bigger. Any suggestions appreciated.

Sponsored Links
The pier has sunk - most likely inadequate foundations.

It may not go any more or it may continue further

The only sure way to stop it is to rebuild it with new foundations. This seems extreme, but with the load from a gate on it, then it may be necessary

Give it a hard push. If it falls over it was too weak and you will need to rebuild it anyway, if it stays up it's probably strong enough for a gate.

Have you thought about just having one gate hanging from the left pillar.

Just and idea, your drive has ample space for it to open inwards.

Gob's

Sponsored Links
Looking at your piccies, it looks like the foundations of the pier, along with part of the pavement has dropped and shifted towards what looks like an elephant trap dug out and reinstated by one of the service companies(water, by any chance?) in front of your drive.

If the elephant trap was the result of a water leak, some of the ground may have been washed away from under the pavement and around the pier foundations.

Cheers peoples for the replies, will have a builder look at.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back