cracking window pane in new windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was unfortunate enough to have my house burgled six months ago,anyway the insurance company sent out one of the glazing/security agents who changed the window and some doors (took them 7 visits but that is a different story).any way i have just had a phone call from my wife telling me that the window pane has cracked from top to bottom,its the first frost we have had since they fitted the window so am i right in assuming the cold has caused it ?.And why has this happened ?. thanks for any advice
P.S the window pane has not been touched the crack just happened.

Sponsored Links
I would contact the insurance company as it was them that paid the installer.

The window has only been in for 5 months so im pretty sure the should replace the glass free of charge,the only thing that bothers me is they were a nightmare to deal with and it took them 7 visits to do what a good window installer could do in a morning(trying to fit a internal kitchen door with a letter box for one).I think we now have to deal with the installer direct as they are the ones who cover the work done.

Sponsored Links
I would still contact the insurance company, let them know the problems you had before.
I dont see as how you have a contract with the installer, you didnt request them, you didnt pay them.
There are lines of communication that should be followed.

Slightly off topic, but what was typed.

trying to fit a internal kitchen door with a letter box for one

An internal letterbox?

Correct the door from the utility to the kitchen is a internal upvc door and the one they were going to fit had a letter box in it :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back