Cracks and Peeling off of Plaster plaster on 8mm MDF board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please I need your advice.
I used a 8mm thick 4ft by 8ft MDF board for ceiling for an office space.the laminated surface was turned inside the roof to stop water incase of a roof leakage in the future while the plain surface which does not carry a laminated surface was used in the interior of the building.The MDF plain surface was nailed to the ceiling with a 1 inch nail.
after installation,
For the screeding, I now used a POP plaster,POP paint mixed with Top bond(glue) for effective screeding and also used joint tape or netting tape for the joint where the MDF board are meeting each other.After six(6) months that the job is completed and painted with emulsion paint and the space is undergoing it function.The PoP plaster screed is peeling off from the surface of the MDF board and they are some cracks on some areas which will soon peel off too.
Please, what can I do?

Sponsored Links
What is the proper stuff?i really don't get that....

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back