Cracks around Window???!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I moved into a 1980's built house a couple of years ago and had the windows replaced with UPVC double glazing windows. Over the last six months or so I've noticed cracks appearing around the window between the main body of the window and the wall of the house. A picture is provided in my album entitled kitchen window to show an example showing a crack in the kitchen window. These cracks are only really a couple of mm wide but scatter at various points around the window. In the bedroom I noticed a lot of the plaster flaking away around the window.....

My first question is really what is causing the cracks?? i.e is this normal due to movement of the house, or do I need to worry that its something more serious....?

Secondly what anyone would recommend to repair? any particular products?

Any information anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Rob

Sponsored Links
Simple shrinkage, something you need to live with I'm afraid...pinenot :)

Shrinkage and a bit of thermal expansion and contraction causing the sealant to crack. Add a bit more white silicone to touch it up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back