Cracks in external render & Blown internal plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I wonder if anyone can shed some light on this.

Property was previously owned by an elderly couple who did no maintainance. There are two cracks on the balcony wall on either side of the window. The window seals are also a bit loose.

Is this just water/wind damage or have I got something to worry about? The crack on the right looks like a thermal crack but the one on the left looks like its following a brick path. I don't think it is subsidence. Also they had a trellis up, so there are small holes in the wall and as you can see tried to fill the long cracks. The internal plaster here is not blown but there are hollow patches of plaster on the other internal wall.

However, in the back bedroom all of the plaster on the two external walls have blown. Not sure if its the woodchip holding it up but in pics 3&4 you can see the more major cracks that have appeared.

Noting that they were in the property for over 25 years, everything is woodchipped and there is no central heating. Do you think that it is just natural damage from the length of time left to deteriorate?

Thanks in advance! :D Sandra

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back