Cracks in plaster re-appearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.

I have few cracks appearing in my fresh plaster where the joints of the plasterboard are.

I mesh scrim taped the joints before i skimmed however cracks appeared at 3 joints. I filled them with easi-fill, however after mist coating i notice they have re-appeared.
2 of the cracks are on a downstairs ceiling and another is above a door lining. They are really really thin, maybe half a mm.

Is there any way i can fill the cracks so they dont appear again?
Reading elsewhere someone suggested putting scrim over the cracks again and using easi-fill over the top blending it into the plaster however i dont have the confidence i can do this without it being noticeable.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Any movement if you push along crack and if so can you add more screws or drill holes and inject polymer mastic to pack behind to firm up against wood joist.
.With cracks like that I use tungsten scraper to scratch off surface then cut tape to 20mm wide and fit in. If you put tape on surface it can show as a bump so I set in the plaster

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys.

There was indeed movement when i pushed along the cracks. Added a load more screws and it appears to have pulled the plasterboard closer to the joist (when i screwed them in the joint cracked a lot more). No movement now.
Filled just needs to be sanded.

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back