Cracks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I started decorating an upstairs bedroom and noticed some fairly long thin horizontal cracks. So, thought I would have a look and stripped the plaster back to the breeze blocks. The crack lines up with the tiny gap between the mortar and the lower breeze block as per the picture.

The house is about 17 years old and the survey report indicated that there was some differential settlement.

So my question is what to do to prevent any further cracking in the plaster. Some of my research indicates that you could use an epoxy resin to bond the mortar to the breeze block. Is this an option and if so what product should I use.

Any help would be appreciated

Alan

Sponsored Links
I've been diying for 30+ years, if that was in my house I'd buy some 1 coat plaster, wet the blocks n plaster up the trench, that tiny thing wouldn't worry me in the slightest!

Hi AMJ62,

This is probably a stupid question but they aren't where an old dado rail used to be attached to the wall? Proably way off the mark if the same crack doesn't go all around the room but thought i'd mention it anyway.

Cheers,
Datadiyer.

I've been diying for 30+ years, if that was in my house I'd buy some 1 coat plaster, wet the blocks n plaster up the trench, that tiny thing wouldn't worry me in the slightest!

OK, thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi AMJ62,

This is probably a stupid question but they aren't where an old dado rail used to be attached to the wall? Proably way off the mark if the same crack doesn't go all around the room but thought i'd mention it anyway.

Cheers,
Datadiyer.

No I don't think so, but thanks for the response anyway

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back