Crash course in rendering retaining wall....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening everyone,

My next job in the landscaping project is to render the retaining wall (see photo). Is there some info online that provides any info? I've watched a few YouTube videos etc but wondered if anyone has any nugget tips?

I will need to get some beads for the corners and some stop beads for the back of the wall as the render wont go all the way down there as I have damp proof membrane and soil against the bottom portion. Any recommendations on what beads to get? My block work is probably not complete plumb or level so there may need to be some adjustment of the beads to get them level, how would you recommend attaching them?

I know I will need to do a scratch coat and then let that dry then apply a final coat. Any recommendations on render mixes? Should I use sand and cement buy a special render mix?

Many thanks in advance.

Ed

Attachments

• Retaining Wall.jpg
    Retaining Wall.jpg
    550 KB · Views: 24
Sponsored Links
Watch on the trowel on YouTube.

I'd buy the bags of render mix myself Vs mixing up sand and cement

I’m going to apply corner beads on the corners etc. at the base of the wall should I install a stop bead or just render to the foundation? I can see a benefit of having a bead there as I’ll be able to easily run the straight edge over the wall by putting it across the top corner head and the bottom stop bead. Should give a flat surface.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Here you go although mixing sand and cement
Cheaper.

If you buy the bags of render it's easier and Kirk will cover that on his channel somewhere.

He also covers beading...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back