Creating area for a shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We are wanting to make a useable space at the back of our garden next to an existing shed (which is in OK condition although the existing base looks a bit dodgy!).

I’m just wondering how to approach the most cost-effective way of making this new flat area for the shed. I guess I could either build retaining walls (sleepers or brick) at the front and the left side then prep and lay slabs for the shed or I could create some sort of raised patio area and just leave what’s below as it is (just cleared and covered with weed control fabric)?

I’d like to keep the existing shed for now until we can get a bigger one to move all our rubbish into, then maybe redo the base.

I’ve attached a photo of the area and marked in red the flat area I’m trying to create for said shed.

Thanks!

Attachments

• shed area.jpg
    shed area.jpg
    824.4 KB · Views: 42
Sponsored Links
Just a dry mix of sand/cement topped with paving slabs. That’s what both my sheds are resting on.

I'm just thinking regarding the retaining wall, what would be easier ? Wooden frame over the top or build a proper retaining wall and level it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back