Lean to roof between two sheds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Newbie here so please be kind! :) I plan to build a lean to roof to create a sheltered area between two existing sheds that I have. The roof frame will be approx. 7' x 7' and just covered with some clear pvc sheeting. I plan to attach the roof to a 7' bit of 1x4 that's bolted to the relevant side of each shed. Both shed roofs are sloped and as one shed is raised, this roof will be sloped at the same angle creating a nice straight line down the width of the three roofs. My question is this, am I better sticking to 2x4s for the roof frame or would I get away with using 2x3s to make it a bit neater looking? Thanks

Sponsored Links
I reckon 3 X 2 timber would suffice as you are covering it with PVC sheet it is obviously not going to be used for walking on at any time.

Hi,

I had guessed the 2x3s would do as there wasn't much load to bear but thanks for confirming that. Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back