lean to roof against back of garage.....advice.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure this is in the right forum, but I would like to make a lean to roof at the back of my garage. So pretty straightforward, using timber posts, for the roof I will likely use bitumen corrugated sheets.

I have some questions about the pitch of the roof in order to get the run off from the back of the garage roof, onto the new lean to roof then into a gutter. Would the furtherest from the garage posts be lower than those at the back against the garage or are there some brackets that I can use that give the relevent angle already?

Anyone seen any DIY plans I could use?

Thanks
Demetri

Sponsored Links
what is the garage made from
what size is the lean to
normally a timber attached to the structure will support one end and posts the other
corrugated needs supporting around every 600mm along its length so the structure is both back to front and side to side

Sponsored Links
big-all: garage is a concrete prefab type. size of lean to is approx 2.5meter by 1.5meter. Wasn't planning to attach the timber posts to the garage in anyway just use met posts and supporting connecting timbers. Thanks for the advice on the corrugated sheet support.

Any ideas on the brackets to use for fixing everything together? I assume in order to put a slight slope on the roof, just make the furthest posts slightly shorter?

fencer35: thanks for the attachement, have taken a look and seems useful for getting the right pitch. I guess as long as there is some sort of slope then it will be fine, we aren't talking about too much roof......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back