what to use for a roof for shed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a shed that is attached to my house, next door's and my garage. we re did the front last year but doing so we have disturbed the roof and it now leaks,as a temp measure we used pound shop silicon and that did work most of the time. Ok there is not a lot of lean to the roof due to the garage and my utility room. the current roof is bitumen roof sheets which have a one join in two sheets and the third sheet was cut in to 1m sections cos we can only get to it from the front. we cant change the pitch to the roof, what would be the best way do this? we would like the roof to last a good few years. we do have electrics in there for the freezer and light.

I wanted to use ply and roofing felt but last time that all went mouldy

Sponsored Links
How about roofing shingles? The neighbours just had a shed built with shingles, they look nice

Nozzle

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back