Creda TVR2 Tumble Dryer drum not spinning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I have a problem with a Creda TVR2 Tumble Dryer in that the drum doesn't spin round. I've tried rotating the drum by hand and it turns easily enough, although there does seem to be something catching as it makes a clunking sound.

My guess is that the belt that drives the drum has broken, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get in to the dryer to check - I've tried removing the screws from the back and although things go loose and floppy I can't remove any of the side or back panels or the top.

It's probably something simple, but any pointers would be gratefully received.

TheRaider

Sponsored Links
remove lid first 2 screws at rear then you will see belt, side panel comes of screws down the side, poss drum spindle at rear broke :confused:

Thanks for the reply - I removed the screws at the top rear and can't get the top panel to move.

Which way should it slide off? Towards the back, towards the front or does it just lift off?

hard slap on front and it goes from front to back :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I've managed to get the top off now (simple once you know how - thanks Rocks) and my idea that it's the belt that has broken has been confirmed.

The belt has CONTITECH 144002155 7PHE 1860 stamped on it in orange print - are these readily available spares?

Thanks again

TheRaider

oh yes cost about a tenner check ebay or a shop near you when you refit it put your foot round the botton of belt and pull it so it can be stretched its a bit tight going over moter ;)

oh yes cost about a tenner check ebay or a shop near you when you refit it put your foot round the botton of belt and pull it so it can be stretched its a bit tight going over moter ;)

NEVER, EVER pre-stretch a V-belt of any sort. Nor should you force the belt over the pulleys. These actions will lead to the belt slipping and wearing out prematurely at best, breaking at worst.

Release the bolt(s) that hold(s) the electric motor in place and move the motor closer to the drum. Fit new belt. Adjust tension in belt by wedging a hammer handle between the drum and motor. There should be about 6mm play in the belt. Tighten the bolt(s). Check belt tension again after a few working cycles.

this belt must be stretched to put on its 2 cm shorter you also need a belt fitting tool to stretch it over the motor, no pulleys on this dryer or bolts to the motor have you ever seen this model :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back