creeping gloss

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
anyone experiencing gloss creeping, recently been using dulux trade white gloss oil based on a hall/stairs and landing, ceilings and walls have recieved dulux trade vinyl matt followed by one coat of dulux trade white undercoat oil based and finished off with a coat of the above gloss, the only problem is after ive cut a straight sharp line with my gloss along the edge of the architrave where it meets the wall area, shortly after it begins to creep on to the wallarea leaving an almost jagged untidy line, it appears as though the gloss is being absorbed by the matt on the wall. is this a consequence of the voc 2010 formula as i never had these problems before the only way so far as to rectify this is to wait until the gloss is dry and cut it back with emulsion which can create a problem by which the emulsion flashes and also is very time consuming any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated also can anyone recommend a durable filler for ceiling cracks which would prevent any future movement thank you

Sponsored Links
Not had or heard of this problem, it could be you're putting it on too heavily.
Obvious cure is to cut the emulsion in last, 2010 problems are vast but don't think it can be blamed on this one

thanks for your response just a bit puzzled to why its happening, so annoying i may stop using dulux and try using permoglaze, always found their paint achieved good results in the past. On the post 2010 issue do you find that paints are not curing properly? to the point i have to clean all my kettles out at the end of the day because if i dont the fresh paint softens the previous paint used the previous day whereas i never had to do this in the past i find this with water based paints as well as oil

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back