Cross-Channel freight trade 'could drop by 87%' under 'no-deal' Brexit

https://news.sky.com/story/cross-channel-freight-trade-could-drop-by-87-govt-document-warns-11614002

Cross-Channel freight trade could drop by between 75% and 87% for six months in the event of a "no-deal" Brexit, according to a Border Force document obtained by Sky News.

The estimate comes as part of an internal assumption for no deal contingency plans.

A slide from an internal Government presentation marked "Official-Sensitive" and titled "Freight Traffic Contingency Assumptions" is a recent internal assessment much of which was omitted from public No Deal documentation.
Assessment?

Or an assumption made as part of modelling scenarios for which we ought to have contingency plans? There could well be other slides with assumption for a different scenario with a 25% drop for 3 months. Who knows.

Somewhere (I HOPE) there are contingency plans for scenarios where they assume a fully laden Dreamliner ploughs into Oxford Street, or coordinated terrorist attacks take out the handful of major grid sites around London and leave it with no electricity for months. Doesn't mean someone thinks they are likely.

Sponsored Links
You are very fond of instructing people on here to answer your questions, aren't you? Bit of a modus operandi of yours.

Do you think Mercedes Benz, for example, are likely to totally cease production of the A class this afternoon, after a decision made this morning?

Edited liable to likely.

Ha. You seem very sensitive today. (y)

As to the A class horrible cramped car, and AI don't care. Now can you answer my question I did answer yours. :sneaky:

Sponsored Links
Back