Cross Site Scripting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,

Everytime I click on a forum from the Forum Index page, and then each subsequent topic, the information bar pops up at the top of the screen saying, 'Internet Explorer has modified this page to help prevent cross-site scripting.'

When I click on it for more information it tells me:

Internet Explorer's Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) Filter can help prevent one website from adding script code to another website. XSS Filter watches how websites interact, and when it recognizes a potential attack, it will automatically block script code from running. When this happens, you will see a message in the Information bar letting you know that the webpage was modified to help protect your privacy and security.

If the modified webpage does not work properly, try going to the home page of the website and navigating to the webpage directly. If the page still does not work correctly, contact the website's administrator.

Everything is working fine (as far as I can tell) but the alert tone and pop up is getting irritating. :mad:

It is only happening on this site and only started today so can anyone, Admin or otherwise, tell me why/help me stop it please? :confused:

Cheers,
mrH :)

EDIT: Seems to have stopped now. :D

Sponsored Links
It's just started again. What's going on?!? :mad:

General Discussion - dong!
Decorating and Painting - dong!
General DIY - dong!
Plastering and Rendering - dong!
Woodwork and Carpentry - dong!

Nearly every topic in each forum - dong, dong, dong!

:cry: :cry:

Sponsored Links
Fook IE off and get a decent browser.

Chrome/Firefox to start with.

Back