Curries and kids

H

herebriefly

Personally, I love a ruby and I enjoy making them from scratch.

Got a few round tonight so Im knocking up a good few dishes as Im hoping a bit will be left for brekkie tomorrow. Otherwise I'll do a kedgeree again in the morning, as I love it. :LOL:

Just started on tonights masala / lamb vindaloo / sag poneer / bombay aloo & samosa's (veggie), (bought the nan breads and p/doms :( ) but....

Just chopping up a bulb of garlic and my 5 year old states she hates garlic. :confused: Now she is helping with the basics, so I told her to smell it. which she did and to quote the small dude..."thats yummy Daddy".

She has now gone and eaten 2 cloves of it... raw :eek: and is wanting more.

So... if anyone has a recepie of garlic ice cream Id love it. Ive now got a 5 year old vampire killer on my hands who is giving off more fumes than chernobyl. :rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks for reading and now go back to the meaningfull political discussions. :D

David. :)

Sponsored Links
Sag paneer is my fav dish (and no, i'm not a veggie)... have you got the recipe?

Sag paneer is my fav dish (and no, i'm not a veggie)... have you got the recipe?

500g Spinach (dont use baby spinach)
450g Good Cheddar cheese - I gives a good depth to it. (Indian cheese is tasteless).
2 Onions grated, a small knob of Ginger (grated), and garlic paste (1/4 tsp)
5-6 tbsp oil
1 tbsp pure ghee (no compomises here). Melt a pack of butter and skim off the shiiite if you cant get it. Take a tbsp of the clarified stuff.
Garam masala to taste (if you can get it).
Red chilli powder to taste
1 tsp cumin powder
Salt.

Wash & boil the spinach in water and cool it.
Now mash it in a mixer.
Heat oil in a pan. Add ginger-garlic paste and stir-fry for a minute.
Now add onions and fry till golden brown.
Add all spices except red chili powder.
Now add the spinach and little water if needed and cook for 4-5 minutes.
Cut cheddar into pieces and stick it in until melting.
Take it out in a bowl.

Just before serving, get your ghee (or your clarified butter) and heat well.
Hold the pan over bowl, add chili powder and immediately pour on the
sag poneer. Dont let the chilli powder burn!

Serve straight away

Job done..... simples

Sponsored Links
Thanks. :D

Cheddar instead of paneer? who'd of thought it? I do like indian cheese though. We have a lot of off-shore Indians at work, so i'm sure i can get all the ingredients!!

Will let you know if i ever get round to it!

I know nowt about 'Garlic Ice Cream' (reminds me of the Peter Kay... Garlic Bread sketch), but do you know of the book 'The Curry Secret'? It has rave reviews (mostly) and is pretty cheap. There's no pictures in the book, it's an old fashioned 'ingredients and procedure' book.

I got a copy for £1.99 from one of those cheap Book Stores near me but you can get it from Amazon for a couple of quid more and it's still cheaper than the RRP.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=0R28ZMYTC7RY9X0PTVXM

Just my take on it martian. Feel free to mess about with my receipe. Its only a guide.

Ive made it 'Vindaloo hot'(in the past) with a few diverts on the recepie!

David.

My father was in the RAF in India in WW2, when he came home i was fed very hot curries from the age of about 4.......ive been cooking them since is was about 12

The goddess of Indian cookery is Mahadur Jaffery. Her recipes are amazing, especially her Lamb in Peanut Sauce.

Once i had got acquainted with proper Indian cooking, I realised that the stuff they sell in Indian Restaurants isnt real indian cooking, its a fast food cut down version, a sort of Anglicised version. Ive been to Goa, Punjab and Kerala, and the food is fantastic, spot on with her recipes.

Her recipe books are well worth the money..........

Sponsored Links
Back