Curtain Poles on UPVC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have UPVC window frames with very wide UPVC trim frames extending to the ceiling.

Therefore in order to put up curtain poles I will have to drill throught the UPVC surround in order to fix the curtain poles through the UPVC to the wall behind.

What type of drill bit is best on UPVC? Is this the right way to do it and any tips?

Sponsored Links
You need to know if behind the upvc there is a firm fixing. You can drill the upvc with HSS drill bit

There is firm fixing behind UPVC but there is a good 10mm gap as this is just surround trim (whatever the right phrase is) rather than the actual window frame. So curtain pole screws have to go through UPVC, through 10mm of air and then into wall behind.

Sponsored Links
Ok so you will get a firm fixing the problem will be, when you tighten the screw you will deform the upvc, you really need a sleeve between the wall & the upvc.
You could try & fix it see what it looks like (I dont think it will look very good). The only sugestion I have is to perhaps put a sleeve behind the upvc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back