Curved shower screen, glass fell out

At last! After trawling the internet, I’ve found someone else with this problem.

I bought a new Porto bathroom suite from B & Q in 2007. B & Q fitted it. The suite included a curved bath with a curved shower screen. I noticed last year that the glass screen was starting to come out of its housing at the top. There was a gap of about 3mm. Now the gap has increased to 1cm. It sounds from your post, devm69, that it may not be long before the glass falls out! I spoke to someone in B & Q and he said that as the guarantee had run out, I’d have to buy a new one at £150. So I thought I'd try your approach. Could you possibly let me know how you found out the manufacturer of your screen?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Whilst showering this morning in a "P" shaped bath, the shower door fell out and onto me. I fell into corner of bath to protect myself, it landed on top of me and trapped my foot. Husband rescued me, now hobbling around. Perhaps "Watchdog" or similar programme should be notified. Will contact plumber for it to be sorted. Have read a lot of good advice..... :)

Thanks pearlbeach. Can you tell us what make it is or where it was purchased.

Hope you foot heals soon ;)

Sponsored Links
The curved shower screen that came away from it's seal and fell on me is "IRIS" by AQUAESTIL, purchased 6 years ago at a local bathroom showroom.
Since this incident, many people have said they have had it happen to them.

I feel this must be looked into as there is nothing to hold the screen in place, it should have a vice like grip to ensure it never detaches itself from chrome strip.
I will be emailing [email protected]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back