Cut worktop - is it hardwood or softwood

Sponsored Links
It's chipboard. The hardwood blade explicitly mentions it's suitable for cutting such.

its chip board made from chips off wood mainly soft but will include hardwood metal and all sorts off crud

is it a cutout or strait edge??

It's chipboard. The hardwood blade explicitly mentions it's suitable for cutting such.

Thanks. :)

its chip board made from chips off wood mainly soft but will include hardwood metal and all sorts off crud

is it a cutout or strait edge??

Its a straight edge. Have I definitely got the right one if I go with the hardwood blade (T308BF) as Monkeh mentions above?

One other query - I made a few practice cuts with another blade, and clearly the jigsaw will not cut the back 2 or 3 inches of the worktop due to the casing around the blade itself. What would I be best using to cut the last 2 or 3 inches with?

Sponsored Links
Have I definitely got the right one if I go with the hardwood blade (T308BF) as Monkeh mentions above?

Either will work, the hardwood blades will last longer. I'd look for a blade which cuts on the downstroke though, less damage to the laminate.

One other query - I made a few practice cuts with another blade, and clearly the jigsaw will not cut the back 2 or 3 inches of the worktop due to the casing around the blade itself. What would I be best using to cut the last 2 or 3 inches with?

A panel saw.

Either will work, the hardwood blades will last longer. I'd look for a blade which cuts on the downstroke though, less damage to the laminate.

Thanks.

A panel saw.

Something like this?
Ohttp://www.google.co.uk/products/c...=SNgqTpXYM8e6hAeFocGqCw&sqi=2&ved=0CFwQ8wIwAA

Or is there a better type of this product?

If that is the correct item, how should I cut it? Only use downward strokes? Or Upward? Or both?

Or is there no way that I can avoid getting drag marks on the top of the worktop for the section that I use the panel saw for?

+++++++++++++++++

Also, where could I get a straight edge to use to cut a straight line with the jigsaw?

Sorry for so many queries, I'm a bit of a novice.

if the edge is visible do not use a jigsaw
if you have no option use a sharp handsaw and 2 clamped battons

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back