Cutting box section how best to do it.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I need to cut some box section and have a 9" grinder and have just bought new metal cutting disks. My problem I recently damaged my shoulder and need to rest it. Tried last week and because of the pain I made a hash of the cutting all over the place. My idea what is to stop me putting one of the metal cutting blades into my chop saw and doing the cutting on the bench against a back stop. Do I need a special blade for this or can i just do it.

Box is 20mm X 20mm with I think a 2mm or 3mm wall

Thanks any advice appreciated.

Cliff

Sponsored Links
Thanks yes i will check the spec of the blades, dont want to go to the trouble of the stand as hope to be back to normal in a while (if I rest )

Cliff

Sponsored Links
Use a mechanical hacksaw machine, nice square cut, minimal waste.

Wotan

just to be clear, these are metal cutting DISK's not blades?? ( ie a grit like material not metal with teeth? )

you can get metal cutting blades for chop saws and circular saws so use one of those..

it's unlikely that the hole dimension of the cutting disk would match that of your saw and the RPM of both machines is likely to differ..

Thanks all for the replies, ColJack thanks I will look for a metal cutting blade and not the disks I have. They are metal cutting but as you said not with teeth the grit sort.

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back