Cutting down door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening,

Cutting to chase I've got a 33" external door and a 30" opening. It's been one of those days.

Anyway, it's the door the other half wants and (measured). I did open the packaging as it got a little wet on the way home, so probably not returning it.

The door is http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.j...ndid=9976499&ecamp=cse_go&CAWELAID=266929050.

I've seen a the stable door version in 30" and the stiles are just 1.5" narrower. So I assume it will be structurally sound if I just take off 1.5".

I'll be painted, so I don't see it being a problem If I get down to some unheard of 'hardwood'. I just want to be be sure there be something to screw in to.

Your time is much appreciated. If you advise is get rid, I'd still keen to know what the standard make up of such a door is.

Ta.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back