Cutting kitchen end panels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

My first posting here concerns cutting high gloss end panels for my kitchen units when they arrive. There will be various cuts, all straight, to finish off all exposed carcass ends, plus top and bottom on wall units.

My query is: will a circular saw be okay for the job seeing that the cut will be 'upwards'. My limited experience (when taking into account the finish) has always leaned towards a downward cut with suitable blade in a jigsaw. However, with the length and accuracy of cuts required, a jigsaw wont do it (blade waver,drift etc).

Any tips/help from experience would be greatfully received.

Cheers,
Chris

Sponsored Links
Cut from the back, i.e. the "wrong" side to get the downcut you require - oh, and use a fine tooth blade, not the basty 6-tooth ripping horror your saw came with

Scrit

Hi Scrit,

Cheers for the tip, just got to go and buy one (saw) now that I know there's a solution I can manage.

Thanks again,

Chris

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back