Cutting worktops

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Mornin i have searched this but no joy im cutting laminate worktops straight joins only and holes for sink/cooker i have a jigsaw router and circular saw wemt to buy a blade for saw yesterday wanted 40 quid ouch i didnt buy it because wasnt sure if it was what i needed please help the worktops are sat in the hall and im getting earache from my better half thanks

warmroy

Sponsored Links
use the jig saw to cut out for the sink, and hob, and i would use a router and a straight edge to do the joins, router needs to be min 1600w with a 12.5mm straight cutter in, you can use a saw but with the router yal get a better join, less noticable

Thanks steve ive got a makita 1850w and if i go to b&q and ask for a 12.5mm straight cutter do i then clamp straight edge onto worktop waste or onto the side im keeping and cut front to back have seen different comments on this thanks again

warmroy

You want the router cutter rotating so it won't tear out the front edge of the worktop. This may mean cutting the worktop upside down to get the rotation right. note - this is not the direction you move the router but the direction of rotaion of the cutter itself.

For the jigsaw cuts you can get blades which cut downwards - they allow you mark out and cut from the top surface - much easier.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back