Cycling campaigners welcome 'close pass' ruling

Just so you know mattylad, it's your responsibility to check if any vehicle is passing you on exiting your car, van etc..

Quite a serious offence bringing a cyclist down that way. Think about 20 cyclist killed that way last year and many more badly injured.

Sponsored Links
I know it is BB, thats why I was looking in my mirror and eventually saw him - however I was highlighting how the silly arse was wearing all black - it is his responsibility to make himself visible so that those of us with the responsibility of not hurting them can do so.

I nearly opened my car door on one wearing all black, this morning.
His ****ty flashing light was pathetically hard to see (now we are out of the EU they should be banned!).

You wouldn't do that to me, Mattylad; my lights would burn the paint off your car:p
(You wouldn't anyway, coz I "off-road":mrgreen:)

upload_2021-1-29_8-18-30.jpeg

Sure Brig ..but main roads..dusk and dawn..surely survival tops everything!At least have a light and a bit of reflective strip.

I know it is BB, thats why I was looking in my mirror and eventually saw him - however I was highlighting how the silly arse was wearing all black - it is his responsibility to make himself visible so that those of us with the responsibility of not hurting them can do so.

Being visible helps, sure, but "being visible" is not the same as "being seen".

Ride (and drive) like everyone is a blind idiot who is actively trying to hit you.

Sponsored Links
I dont need useless suggestions like that.
The Dutch reach wont help when its dark, ****ing it down and a prat in black tries cycling past me - I can't bloody see him no matter what hand I use. :)

FWIW I always look in the mirror and to my right when opening the door, given that I live on a main road that's popular with those pedaling ninjas.
A flashing light the size of a pinhead is also no damn use lol

I dont need useless suggestions like that.
The Dutch reach wont help when its dark, ****ing it down and a prat in black tries cycling past me - I can't bloody see him no matter what hand I use. :)

FWIW I always look in the mirror and to my right when opening the door, given that I live on a main road that's popular with those pedaling ninjas.
A flashing light the size of a pinhead is also no damn use lol
You obviously didn't look properly, being dark and raining you should take extra care. Just crack the door open 6 inches and look around you before opening the door anymore, no need to fling the door fully open like some do.

No excuse.

You obviously didn't look properly, being dark and raining you should take extra care. Just crack the door open 6 inches and look around you before opening the door anymore, no need to fling the door fully open like some do.

No excuse.

how the heck can you say that?
Who the hell said I flung my door open?

I did not open the door - I looked very hard in my mirror - that is why I did NOT open the door on this ninja asshole.
Seems BB too is one of those cycling ass's that insist that the cyclist is always right.
Well get off your high horse (or bike) pal - they are not.

While I do not condone opening car doors on them or hitting them with cars they know that they are in a vulnerable position and should take it upon themselves to minimise that - yet they do not.
Instead they jump up and down whingeing that they are in the right when in reality they are not.
SO when they do that - I still cannot see them in the dark because they are dressed in all black.

TBH the same applies to motorcyle riders - they too have campaigns for them yet they still do not try to make it so that they can be seen better.

Farce on today's news.
Wilmslow Dibble are running an soshul meeja campaign, about the dangers of close - passing.

Using a still of an hgv passing a cyclist. Except.....

.... the still was taken from footage submitted by a cyclist , who had complained of the close - pass.

Only for Dibble to respond that the manoeuvre didn't fit the criteria, and that they hadn't spoken to the driver about it as no offence had been committed.

:confused:

Sponsored Links
Back