Dabs showing through mist coat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry for the few threads lately. I know it'll annoy some. It just seems that for every problem i get past there's another one waiting & i'm a little stuck as to what to do.

The walls have been tanked to 1.5m & boarded. This was December 2015. The chimney breast was done (boarded) around March this year. The plaster has seemed dry for a long time now. The dabs took a while to go but eventually they did, some time in January. Whether they have totally dried out right through? I don't know.

I put on a mist coat today. Ok it was on the watery side - 50/50. Probably too watery. The dabs are showing through it - both where the tanking is & above. It's coloured the paint a little yellow.
You can't see too great once the photos are on PC but can on my phone & in person.

Photo 02-05-2016, 6 11 05 pm.jpg

Photo 02-05-2016, 6 11 29 pm.jpg

Photo 02-05-2016, 6 11 34 pm.jpg

That last pic you can see a couple rows at the top & then a bit at the skirting. More obvious in person.

Someone has said about heat - i have the radiators set to come on at 6pm to get to 16c. This photo was taken around 5pm. House temp probably said about 12-13c.

The dabs never showed when i dampened the walls this week.

I don't know if this is normal because of the temp, whether it'll go away or what.

I haven't just jumped here either. I did googling but Sovereign chemicals say to not use a vapour barrier paint on top due to the K11 system. I've emailed them to ask what they expect to happen if i do

Just totally stuck as to what to do. Hoping that someone else has had the same problem & can say "i did this & it worked".

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back