daft question about header tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
that's the one with the ball cock valve isn't it.

got an indirect heating system wirth 2 tanks. drained the c.s. and put sentinel additives in theone that was empty.. the other being for hot water tap.

the outlet pipe feels about half inch off bottom of tank.. will all the additive be washed into system?

Sponsored Links
If it's gravity fed CH then it will be one of the 2 tanks. Both Cold Water Storage Cistern (CWSC - for the hot water) and the Feed and Expansion (F&E for the CH) will have Ball cock valves in them. The smaller of the 2 is usually the F&E tank.

You would usually tie up the F&E tank ball cock and drain the system, add in the inhibitor then loosen the ball valve and let the system fill back up whilst bleeding the system, or better still, pour it directly into an empty rad.

What is it you are trying to do? Just add inhibitor?

hiya yea just adding additives.
poured in header after draining system. had a look at loading into rads, but vent hole thingy is tiny. already bought the ordinary sentinel 100 & 200 not the rapid dose stuff. wasnt sure if connector on rapid stuff would fit into radiator.

How many rads do you have? The 1ltr X100 is good for up to 10 rads so if you have added most of it to the system via the F&E tank then you should be ok.
Ideally you would remove the whole bleed valve and nut or the blanking nut from one side of the the top of a rad, not just take the small bleed valve out of the centre. Should then be large enough to get a small funnel in and fill.

Sponsored Links
How many rads do you have? The 1ltr X100 is good for up to 10 rads so if you have added most of it to the system via the F&E tank then you should be ok.
Ideally you would remove the whole bleed valve and nut or the blanking nut from one side of the the top of a rad, not just take the small bleed valve out of the centre. Should then be large enough to get a small funnel in and fill.

Got 6 rads.

The problem I can see is that I only have the small bleed valve type of rad., not the ones mounted inside a big nut so not sure if I the rapid connector would fit.

yea thats it. the connector with the rapid dose looks precarious.
its a self tapper.

i got the rapidose after normal stuff was perloined by a relation. i got the stuff in via the rad. thanks for the help :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back