Damn Floorboards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im doing my bathroom up and some kind soul has taped carpet tiles to the 18th century boards. unfortunatly this was about 20 years ago. Any sugestions on how to get the sticky stuff off without resorting to sanding?

Sponsored Links
maybe solvents!... but in a confined space make sure the windows open and there's a breeze..... i had the same problem with a floor and i used a cabinet scraper.... but you may not be as mad as me (it took a very long time)

Make sure house insurance is up to date, then set fire to it all LOL!
NAIL VARNISH REMOVER HELPS SOMETIMES THOUGH

Best to use a solvent, but take a breather at regular intervals.
The cheapest place to buy some is from any company that makes UPVC windows (yellow pages). Ask them for some solvent cleaner, its dirt cheap.

Sponsored Links
most solvent cleaners use an acetone base especially those designed for pvu-c. This will not remove certain glues - but you may get lucky. Whte spirit is another alternative to try. PLEASE REMEMBER that NEARLY ALL solvent based removers are VERY HIGHLY FLAMMABLE and you need to remeber your neighbours in all of this as the smell will be awlful either way.

Woody

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back