Damp at the top of the winow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I seem to be having damp at the top corner of my window, and really not sure what will be causing this as it way off the damp proof. I cant see any obvious leaks either.
which trade would be best to take a look. Roofer? Builder? Window fitting company?
thanks

Attachments

• inside damp.jpg
    inside damp.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 88
  • outside 1.jpg
    outside 1.jpg
    451 KB · Views: 82
  • outside 2.jpg
    outside 2.jpg
    484.1 KB · Views: 78
Sponsored Links
As water doesn't run uphill I'd be looking at everything from just above level to above, the bottom of the white shiplap cladding has a starter trim fitted, see that that isn't holding water as its a U shape and could be leaking in above the window depending if there is also some flat plastic trim between the window and the back of the cladding, next would be the cladding itself, have any of the panels slipped, have joints opened up? Failing that i'd be checking the felt under the tiles from above the window all the way up to the ridge

Don't invole a window company as they won't want to get involved in something they haven't fitted and they'll be only interested in selling you a new window, a roofer might want to take it on if he can be convinced it could the the felt, they might not want to start stripping cladding off, a general builder might be your best bet but they'll probably offer no assurances of finding the leak first time

I know from my years as a service engineer tracing leaks can be very involved and frustrating

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back