damp course-single brick

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi. looking for any advice about an old kitchen extension. a registered damp proofer has inspected property and identified areas of damp. i have just found out from a neighbour whos kitchen extensiion joins on to ours and who has lived in her house for many years that the effected wall is only single brick adjoining hers. how can a damp couse be done on single brick? thanks

Sponsored Links
easily,they(use)to drill about 3"into the brick and inject the chemical under pressure.

Sajjed

take care if your damp-proofer gave you a free-survey. he only earns if he diagnoses damp, so it is pretty certain he will always do so.

How far apart are the two walls ?

Sponsored Links
Sajjed

take care if your damp-proofer gave you a free-survey. he only earns if he diagnoses damp, so it is pretty certain he will always do so.

How far apart are the two walls ?
i'm not sure about the wall distance. the house and next door house have a kitchen extension, the part of the kitchen effected used to be an outhouse when the house was first built. the extension is added on to and built round the outhouses.dont know if i have explained that clearly to you! we have known the damproofer for many years so dont think he would try and con us. the wall does appear to have damp.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back